Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Inquiry - SI Day #1

So day 1 of the UNCCWP Summer Institute was quite interesting!  There was a lot of great energy in the room, which was full of educators, writers, enthusiast, belly dance students, college professors, and etc.  As the only male I was victim to some very interesting moments during our warm-up activity but hey I just dove right in and went with the flow.  I really feel like that is the over-arching motto or mindset for the next eight days of institute.  As educators we are encouraged to plan, plan, plan , and plan some more!  However, as a writer our most transparent, relevant, and creative work comes from a place of freewriting inwhich we just go with the flow of what is being developed within us.  I believe all forms of writing are "living documents" that can be altered, held sacred, diseccted and interprated in various ways.  As I go with the flow of this writing journey the lens with which I will be examining the SI landscape will be:

What are some creative ways I can incorporate writing in my class that will give my students the opportunity to write from their own perspective, encourage and support moral agency, while utilizing technology (i.e., social media, websites, google sites, etc.)?

I welcome feedback from my SI community as a inquire daily about this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment