Friday, May 17, 2013

Do You See What I see?

Why are you avoiding the mirror I'm holding up before you?  I'm sure as you got dressed today you looked in the mirror to make sure that you looked nice before you left the house.  Are you only concerned about your outer appearance?  Are you unwilling to view your internal appearance and all that it encompasses?  It's crazy how I can see it...not only with my physical eyes but with the third eye of discernment and intrigue.  A curiosity constantly looms about in my mind as I look into your eyes...you are saying this and that but you aren't telling the entire story.  What is it that makes you avoid my questions?  You accuse me of probing or "poking and prodding" but I'm only asking you these questions out of a place of knowing...knowing that there is something beneath the surface that you are avoiding.  Is it fear of vulnerability?  Is it fear of being too authentic?  Is it fear that you will be exposed as a fraud or as being something you are not?  On the contrary, you cannot expose anymore than what has already been sensed and thought of...anything you say will not be held against you in a court of law or hold you in contempt!  It will actually free you and affirm what I have already figured out...and that is that you are in transition...you are evolving!  As a caterpillar morphs under the guise of a simple, unassuming, and unattractive cocoon you are concealed in an ugly grayness of ambiguity.  However, unlike the caterpillar whose refuge is voluntary and instinctual your hiding is out of fear and concern of losing yourself.  In actuality as the butterfly is the finished product of the evolutionary cocoon your getting out of your own way will free you to be beautiful beyond you comprehension and help you to find yourself.  In the words of Bilal, "Butterfly the struggle makes you beautiful, the struggle makes you fly!"  The struggle of looking in the mirror and doing some self-reflection will let you be real with yourself...looking in the mirror will help you BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment