Friday, April 19, 2013

Fresh Reality

All the world is a buzz
Confusion abounds and chaos is consistent

Diversity issues within an organization that promotes equality
"Because of your ethnicity you do have added value!"

A kind gesture towards a group of deserving people
Still goes awry at the sacrifice of another group of people.
Those that have no clue move in a fog of ambivalence
seemingly unaware of how their actions are counterproductive.

Which would your rather be, a ninja or a pirate?
The Caucasian young lady responds, "A pirate because I would
like to have dreads so that I don't have to wash my hair
and I can keep it dirty.
A room full of shock and awe...tears and gloom!

One minute you are there the next moment you are missing in action.
A dance of texting only  to result in your admittance to being distracted.
A sacred moment destroyed due to a lack of communication.

Direct news via telephone that abruptly changes everything.
A fresh reality that is served up hot and steaming like Shepard's pie.
Don't burn my mouth you say?!?!
Well that warning is rather late don't you think?
 Seeing as though my taste buds are already scorched.

Same space, same air, same reality
Yet we find ourselves in two dimensions
Palpable separation and an under current of negation
A lack of ability maybe or a place of stagnation.

God you promise to be near so where are you?
I cannot trace you.  Can you at least give me
a feeling to locate you?
This fresh reality has me in a state of influx.



No comments:

Post a Comment